Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Good

Attended the Good Magazine Anniversary Party at the Museum of Natural History last weekend. It was a pretty good time all around -- free swag, open bar (unimportant to me, but nice), good environment, good adventure, good friends. Even acclaimed actor Benicio Del Toro, apparently.

Benicio accepts his Academy Award for the movie Traffic.

There got to a point where I thought to myself, "Man this feels so adult!" Okay I get that that's how it's supposed to feel all the time already, but that night I didn't just quite feel like lost little 21 -- I felt a little more like confident 'ol 27 (that is so adult!). It reminded me how you never feel as old as you really are. I can't imagine myself ever being as old as all my teachers and older cousins were in my mind. Is there a point were you start to feel your age? Maybe 27. Okay probably not.

Still, 21's at least been a good year to enjoy a laugh and maybe a martini (maybe not) while chilling out next to a T-Rex.

You would think this is a wrap party for a Jurassic Park movie.

2 comments:

Yumi Sakugawa said...

I'm turning 23 soon (gross!) and I still feel like a BABY. Maybe because everyone around me (i.e. co-workers, fellow teachers) hears my age and says, "22?! You're just a BAY-BEEEE!!!"

Or the fact that I'm living with my family and I don't have to cook for myself... Hmmmmm

XYZ said...

I wish those dinosaurs came to life, but only in skeleton form. They would be much easier to defeat w/o skin and muscles!